Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Grammar Nazi


"Drinkability."  

Wow, what a concept.  Does anyone actually know what this newly coined noun means? Obviously the creation of some enterprising ad writer, looking to win over a new alcoholic beverage client. Taste good? Does it hit the spot? It doesn't have to be good, it just has to be bought. It's the old question: How to sell suds. What'll ya have, Bud?

Happy tipsy Tuesday.
  
How about "watchability" or "hearability"?  

She's got terrific watchability!  

New flat-screen watchability!  That new hit single's just filled with "hearability"!  

These coinages are just wonderful. Pure trashy conceits. They give me a headache. 
  

2 comments:

Kirby Olson said...

I don't know why drinkability works better than watchability, but it does.

It's somehow very amusing, while watchability isn't so amusing.

But I can't put my finger on why this is so.

But I like your grammar Nazi posts, in general.

Donald Brown said...

Alright, I, like, totally hear you! I mean, that post has total hearability. I'll have to keep an eye on this blog because it's watchability is, like, major.